View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennk View Post
Last question...its for those that ordered their X3. How does the process work? Do you simply tell them what you want and then they order it? Down payment required? Is the sale finalized when ordering or is that done when the vehicle arrives?
I have ordered most of my vehicles and will be ordering an X3. The policy is more or less the same for each dealer. A deposit will be required and can range from $500-1000. This should be 100% refundable unless you are ordering something very unique (say orange paint). The CA/Sales Mgr is looking to protect the dealer in case the sale doesn't go through. Otherwise, yes configure as you want and wait the 4-8 weeks.

According to my CA, 40% of their X3 transactions are custom orders.

Sale is finalized upon delivery of the vehicle. Be sure to inspect the vehicle thoroughly before signing the paperwork. Not only for damage but to confirm the vehicle was built as per spec.

I would also recommend that you align your financing prior to receiving the vehicle. Whether through BMW Financial or local. Some of the BMW credits require financing through their credit. Just know this ahead.