Thread: 2003 ZHP Camber
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:08 AM
ZHP = Patlabor

Mein Auto: Mini Clubmn,Odyssey,Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dathaeus View Post
So u r saying pretty much trust the guys at Firestone and just talk to them, i.e., I dont have to take specific numbers to him? Last few times I went there, they did seem like they knew what they were talking about, and I am sure they see a ton of BMW's esp in my area so its not a rare thing etc.... And I guess definitely tell them to weigh down the car, or should that be standard for these cars?

I do prefer slight understeer, maybe its my type A, i.e., if I wanna turn hard, I'll turn it hard, lol... I dont like my steering super responsive and jumpy esp for higher speed driving, not sure if that makes sense overall since I am not a race car driver, but I do love driving.

Thanks, your awesome!
Yep, trust the guys at Firestone but do describe what you just told us here. They should get you an alignment that gets you to where you want the car to get to. If they can't do it they should be able to tell you what's possible with their alignment equipment.

Get them to align your car within the stock spec, that should be sufficient for your driving needs. As for weighing down the car, it should be part of the process since it's what the alignment machine requires.

Forgot to mention, great choice on the tires. The V12s are pretty good tires.