Thread: X3 or wagon
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:28 AM

Mein Auto: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhman View Post
The diesel option for the Q5 is still 1 year away. Current additions were the 3.0T replacing the 3.2 and a hybrid. The 3.0T is a great engine and is now just arriving in the states. But if I read it correctly, BMW will also be introducing their diesel engine to the X3 and 3-series wagon.

I don't own a Q5 but my wife has a A4 2.0T and we seriously considered the Q5. While there a many positives, we are leaning toward the X3 28i.
Same here. I don't hate the Q5, I think it's a good car and it's been a good seller for Audi. That being said, I personally felt the X3 drove better. While the interior of the Audi is nice, the plastics look a bit cheap to me. The X3 interior is no amazing thing either, but I believe the fit and finish beats out the Audi.

The thing that attracted me initially to the Audi was it's looks and it's price point. They also don't make packages-galore like BMW does. They have a few simple packages. BMW bends you over for the 5 features you must have and separates them in to 5 packages.