View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:34 AM
'Fest Sponsor

Mein Auto: 07 335i 91 325i
sup guys, #1 DON'T plastidip the window trim!!! that stuff gets really deep behind the trim and is a PIA to "peel" off in the areas behind the window trim and along the rubber areas. a guy came to me with a audi a4 and had plastidipped his window trim, he removed as much as he could and i ended up vinyl wrapping it. but you can still find little chunks/ strips of plastidip along the gap area btwn the window trim and the frame of the car. wasn't that bad since it's a darker color car but i can only imagine what it would look like on a lighter color car. iono, the e9x cars have a larger division btwn the window trim & the body of the car so maybe you can peel off any over spray/ tape it off really nicely to get rid of this problem... i haven't done this b4 but i don't think it would be a good look...

i do vinyl wrapping in Seattle WA. i use 3m 1080 matte black, 3m 1080 gloss black, oracal 8300 light gray transparent (gives it a black chrome look). window trims typically $125-$150.00 takes around 2-3hrs labor depending on what needs to be removed/ how wet the car is when it arrives for the job. for e92 i remove the side mirrors so i get full coverage on the trim just below the mirror. on e90 this is not a problem since the mirror sits above the chrome trim. for e92 i cut a long strip with a 12"x12" box connected to the end so i can cover the curve along the rear quarter window all in 1 piece. for e90 the rear quarter glass section is a separate trim so this is not a problem.

i'll post some pics for you guys of gloss black, matte black, black chrome look shortly...