View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 PM
flâneur en cabriolet

Mein Auto: 2007 E93 N54
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
Helping to keep my interior clean with the top down may be worth the price of admission for the wind deflector! I'll ask my dealer if they can provide a loaner deflector so I can try it out. Can you leave the deflector in place with the top up?

Driving around with the top down is one of the last bastions of free spirit I seem to get these days due to our digital world. That, and cruising out of the inlet and into the ocean in a boat on a beautiful sunny day.
I leave mine in all the time unless I need the back seat for a passenger. The top will go up even if the windscreen is in it's "up" position, and you can just push it down (it's hinged) so it doesn't impair rear-view vision.

Probably one of my most appreciated $300 accessories that I originally thought was way overpriced and not worth it. Everyone who doesn't use/have seem to be saying they don't have one because they like the "open" feel; you don't lose the open feel, you don't lose the wind and the smells and the sounds. It just reduces the back breeze to the point you don't even notice anything but the open sky (at speeds under 40). and at speeds over 40, it's composed enough that you aren't fatigued by wind noise/feel after a 6 hours highway trip.

Last edited by andrew b; 12-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.