View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Humble E34 lover

Mein Auto: 1992 525i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaske87 View Post
Fluid level is good. The process I used to refill and check as far as I know is supose to be correct. I filled it until it started folding out the hole. Started the car. Ran through all the gear 10 times holding at each gear for 5 seconds. Then topped off fluid again. I then let the car idle for 30mins to get the tranny at normal operating tempature. Then ran through the gears 10 more times. Topped it off until there Was a small amount coming out the hole then sealed it. If it did the process wrong please say so.
Sounds like you did the process properly as long as the transmission temperature was within the specified temperature range (86-131F). I use a laser temp reader on the transmission pan to determine this.

The other thing is that the trans filter may be somewhat clogged. If nothing else works, you can try a new filter and fluid. I know some say that is a bad idea, but I personally think it is a good idea. I service my transmission every 25K miles. Plus, if nothing else works, it is worth a try if the last resort is a rebuild.

Edit: Did you put in a new filter when you replaced the banged up pan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noego View Post
It's Deja Poo - as in, I've heard this **** before.
Steve

Calypso Red 1992 525i with 200K miles

1991 735i - Sold
1992 525i - Sold
1995 325is - Sold
2000 528i - Sold