View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 535d on the way
You may have driven a lot of cars..... but have you really "DRIVEN" the cars? I mean how many cars have you driven to end of life or near end of life? I have owned over 35 cars so far,mostly domestic a few Japanese, and driven close to 1.5 million miles. Some of these cars were real dogs, most were good quality, and a few were pretty good. But all but my WRX, Audi, and BMW were appliances. Simply put my current BMW is the full package. It handles well, performs well, looks good, is manufactured with high quality materials and to date has had flawless quality. This message is being typed after driving 450 miles back and forth from metro NY area to Boston today for a 2 hour meeting. The car made a potentially grinding 7 hour round trip drive a pleasure.

A car is more than the sum of it's parts. I have an old saying "when you dissect a frog... it's dead". You can pick anything apart. For a premium product its all about value. This is true for swiss watches, a hand made suit, a gourmet meal, and a premium automobile. You either get it or you don't.

I think you get it since you are in fact driving a 335. My recommendation is to quit worrying about the value philosophy and go out and enjoy driving your car.

BB