Thread: 328i vs 328xi
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Chicks dig Wagons!

Mein Auto: E91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
I drive an AWD Auto with the stock all-season Continentals. I don't find it one bit more stable on a snow, than all of the other FWD cars I've had in the past. I nearly crashed the car last winter, going up a hill of all places...ABS and what not...a last ditch evasive maneuver saved the day. So I tend to agree with most posts that winter tires are the way to go. I'm NOT going to order a set, however, for the handful of snowy days that we have. Instead, I've chosen to work at home on those days. Why? Because even with winter tires, there are still plenty of other drivers that don't know how to drive with snow on the ground. At least I drift the car and have a tad of fun here and there, couple with driving in manual mode, extremely slow and in the highest possible gear, to prevent sliding and losing control, again to the extent that the all-season tires allow....
Keep in mind that AWD does not help you steer or change direction. It just helps you by getting traction to the road. So, it will help you get up a hill when tires may be slipping - but it will not make