View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 PM

Mein Auto: '01 325 Xi, '93 318i
'01 325i Won't Start

My wife went out to start the car for an errand Saturday and the engine turned over but wouldn't start. She says it fired a bit, but immediatrely died. By the time I got there and tried to start it, one or two cylinders fired once, but then nothing. In all subsequent attempts to start the car, the engine did not fire even once. It had been running fine the day before.

I tried starting it with the accelerator floored in case it was flooded, then pulled the plugs (which were wet) and allowed the cylinders to dry out. The next day, it still wouldn't fire. I checked the fuel pressure, which was OK at 50 psi while the starter was running. I also checked a plug, which had a spark. I was expecting to see a blue spark (I don't know why), but it was yellowish. My brother and I tried spraying Quick Start into the intake at the MAF, but still not a single fire. I replaced the MAF about a year ago, so that shouldn't be the problem.

I'm almost ready to have the car towed to a garage, but would rather fix it myself (obviously).

Does anyone have any advice?
Advertisement