View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW X3
here ya go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runon MD1 View Post
As to Wrongway's example of the two like houses, and in speaking of "alike," I went out of my way to emphasize in my example that they were identical in every aspect and respect other than in the number of bedrooms.

He then deliberately twisted and distorted that hypothetical by saying, "Well, mine might have copper piping while yours might have plastic, so they obviously won't cost the same," or one has a pool while the other doesn't, or words to that effect, attempting to do so to prove his point, even though his analogy or scenario has nothing whatsoever to do with mine, and was in no way responsive. How it could it have been, as he had completely changed the facts as I proposed them! Of course he is correct in stating that when two houses are vastly dissimilar they will not cost the same! But that was not my premise! Again, my hypothetical involved two homes that were exactly the same...both new, same view, same everything except for the number of bedrooms!
Richard
No likey my hypothetical? Doesn't seem so far fetched to me when you can freely use an analogy like...
Quote:
When I called and asked a consumer rep at BMW NA if a retailer would sell a TV or expensive stereo or Internet system without a remote or a power source or whatever, and whether BMW felt that it would be worth it to lose a customer to save a few dollars, the genius replied, "Well, we're talking about a vehicle, not a TV, and we feel our vehicles are the best, but you are free to choose another brand." She suggested that I take it up with the dealer where I purchased the car.
Richard
Yet BMW didn't. Simply put, BMW isn't responsible if your Apple product isn't fully 100% compatible. Nor are they responsible for the many iterations of iPods Apple may or may not have changed. That's Apple's problem, not BMW's. I don't buy a Samsung TV expecting it to work perfectly with a Vizio remote.

Or was it maybe that you thought that
Quote:
If you bought a new three-bedroom house that was identical in every way to a new two-bedroom home next door at the same time in the same community, same view, etc., and the two-bedroom, which costs less, came with a swimming pool while the three-bedroom did not...
Richard
is a valid analogy?

However, here again, the X3 28i and the equipment level are obviously NOT equipped the same as the X3 35i. Let's not even get to the logistics of asking any mechanic to see if you could drop the 35i engine into the same place as the 28i engine. (ports, hoses, connections are not in the same spaces, nor are the sizes the same) Because, oh, they're exactly the same otherwise!

As a matter of fact, those cables are included with X3s that do NOT have smartphone integration.

Since your vehicle did not come with the cable, then it must have had the smartphone integration package. Whereas the 28i obviously did not.

As it were, a 28i can also have the upgraded sound package for $940ish whereas the 35i can go without. (or vice versa) You wouldn't visually see anything different, and both could have navigation as well included in a separate package. To sum up, the 28i and 35i can have several possible configurations that can be purchased a la carte that can have any number of combinations of with or without smartphone integration, with or without upgraded sound package and possibly with or without navigation. Any combination can be indistinguishable from the other visually.

As for my tone, that you seem to love to talk about, and how I must project my insecurities, do recall it was you back on page 1 talking about the BMW associate...
Quote:
When I called and asked a consumer rep at BMW NA if a retailer would sell a TV or expensive stereo or Internet system without a remote or a power source or whatever, and whether BMW felt that it would be worth it to lose a customer to save a few dollars, the genius replied, "Well, we're talking about a vehicle, not a TV, and we feel our vehicles are the best, but you are free to choose another brand." She suggested that I take it up with the dealer where I purchased the car.
Richard
I'm sure they'd have loved it if you called them that to their face eh?

But hey! Anyone could have researched all that on google in a matter of 5 minutes and didn't have to resort to calling someone a "genius". You'd have just realized that your more expensive car came with something the 28i didn't!

You were making snide comments at other people here LONG before I ever popped onto this thread, like
Quote:
To KantucKid:
In response to another poster, who was polite enough to respond without coming across as a jerk by being insulting
Richard
or
Quote:
One other thing, Kantuckid...I was not aware that you knew me well enough to decide whether I am or am not a "car person," or whatever. The fact of the matter is that I consider myself to be one, though, given our long relationship based upon one posting, you somehow feel qualified to assess that part of me. Rest assured that I will give your opinion the weight it deserves, though you of course have the right to your analysis of my persona, hobbies, etc., inasmuch as you are no doubt highly trained in such.
Richard
ahh, but as you so eloquently put it,
Quote:
Projection and displacement are powerful defense mechanisms.
Richard
Frankly, I think I follow your tenements to the T
Quote:
No two people are alike, and I would note that when I feel that something is not right, I am prone to speak up and act accordingly, regardless of whether you or others agree or whether my actions impact upon the world as we know or see it.
Richard
So frankly, I felt you weren't right in how you portrayed the customer service rep or the other people that replied prior to myself.

I still stand by my assessment;
Entitlement, beautiful thing to behold.

Quote:
So I will vote with my feet, as it were, and they have lost me as a client. But the pity is that I clearly mean absolutely nothing to them, nobody will know, and nobody will care.
Richard