View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 M3 / '06 650i Cab
Holy cow, in Thailand the dealer will not service a car sold from a non-BMW-dealer?? Crazy! I love how they call it "grey-market", as if it's only semi-legal to privately sell a BMW to another individual. I can't imagine how BMW would not honor a warranty on such a new car. Are there no laws protecting you there when it comes to warranties?

1) For the seatbelt error I would check your connections under the seat. Water may have caused corrosion in the connections or maybe someone removed the seat and did not properly re-connect the plugs. Here are instructions on removing the seat that shows the plug. Move the seat all the back to see the connection. You may also have an issue with the switch in the seat belt buckle receiver - where you plug in the "male" end of the belt when buckling up.

2) No idea what the pedestrian protection system is. I guess you have backup cameras from the factory? We don't get these in North America.

3) I would guess the steering error is related to low power steering fluid. Have that checked (or do it yourself). The reservoir is on the right hand side of the engine bay when standing in front of the car with the hood open. If the fluid level is OK then it could be the steering angle sensor (located in the steering column), the power steering pump, belts, a sensor or a problem with the steering rack.

4) Is that an error you are getting on the dash about the parking brake? Or are you having problems applying the brake so it holds the car when on an incline? If the brake is not engaging properly the cable can be adjusted (at the lever inside the car). The parking brake also uses a separate set of brake shoes located inside the rear disc brake rotors. Those might be worn if the parking brake cable cannot be adjusted to hold the car.

Most of your problems seem electrical-related due to the high temps and humidity in Thailand. Hard to believe you could have so many problems on a 2011 though. Maybe the car was flooded?
'02 Highlander - kid hauler
'01 330Ci - winter beater

Last edited by Yorgi; 12-03-2012 at 10:35 PM.