View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:51 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 M3 coupe ZCP DCT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmagirl View Post
Since you guys have been so kind to me, what the hell, let me ask another question - have any of you picked up the car at the factory / do you recommend this experience? Or would you put the money towards the downpayment instead?
By factory are your referring to Euro and/or Performance Center Delivery (PCD)? I don't yet own an M3 but will be ordering one in January. For this one, I am strongly considering PCD. It is free minus the airfare and trip home (gas, hotel, etc). If Euro, there is a further discount from standard invoice which can offset some of the cost associated with travel. How much will depend on your length of stay. Some go over and back in 2 days. Others combine a business and/or vacation for 1-2 weeks.

There are plenty of posts on both experiences. Search the forum and/or the internet. While I'm sure there is one or two bad experiences, I haven't come across one yet.

Regarding the down-payment, if leasing, only use the money for MSD's to lower the money factor (i.e. interest rate). Otherwise it is your comfort level of payment. Interest rates are still low. Contact a credit union for 1.25-2% 48-72 months. However, I believe BMW's Holiday Credit is only valid if financing with them. Something to consider.