View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Brown View Post
I got my USB stick and code from TomTom/BMW. It took almost two weeks.
I inserted the USB in the glove box and it asked for the code. I entered it and it said code incorrect. So I though maybe the o was a 0 (zero) still an error. Then I thought maybe I was 1(one) still an error. I tried every other combination of these to no avail.
I called TomTom/BMW but customer support knew nothing. They are supposed to have someone call me.
This could turn out to be a cluster F---. They will be hesitant to give me my money back because I have opened the package. So I end up out $250 and have no new navigation.

Maybe I should have ordered from a dealer. Then if I have a problem there is help. And if the code doesn't work they can see I don't have the new nav software installed on my car and perhaps give me a refund.

After this problem maybe I shouldn't upgrade at all. I have a a Telenav Scout app on my iPhone 5 that is the best Nav software I have ever seen. It has traffic data for local streets not just interstates. However this does not show in my HUD like the BMW nav and that makes it extremely easy to follow.
I will see if TomTom/BMW can solve the problem. Here is place I bought map and code.
http://store.bmwgpsmaps.com
CC
What car is this for, and what is the build date?

Do you have ENET Cable?

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips

Last edited by shawnsheridan; 12-04-2012 at 06:04 AM.