Thread: Vote!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 640i Coupe
Had them both

Here is my Timeline with both cars:

Own a 2008 650i vert for 2 years, then got a 2010 Jaguar XK 3 year lease that is comming to an end now. Presently, just hammer a deal on a 2013 640i coupe, currently on a boat heading to New York. The following are my observations on both cars:
Jaguar XK: Eye catching sexy lines, have gotten more compliments on this car that I ever did while driving the 650i. Interior, nice leather stitching, comfort. Powerfull growling engine. Main draw back: Interactive navigation/control screen still requires finger touching entries, which distracts from daily driving. NO Voice comand here (years behind BMW). Back seats are for groceries only.

650i vert: excellent engine power, cabin luxury and comfort is a tad above the Jaguar. Computer navigation console, voice activated; years ahead of Jaguar technology IMHO. Ride is a bit heavier, more toward grand tour than true performance car. Better sound system and overall luxury than the jag.

Keep in mind, that I am in the late 50's age target demographics; and now days, speed and tire screeching performance, are not as high of a priority to me, as comfort and a navigation system with voice comand is.
You will not be disapointed with either one of this vehicles; it is a matter of what will work best for you and your family/situation now.

Last edited by Soldes; 12-04-2012 at 01:41 PM.