View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 07' 550i
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAI View Post
Price seams about right for sticker. When I traded in my '07 550i two years ago, it had 62,000 miles and all the options of the one you are looking at except comfort access and I had the SMG transmission, and I got $21,500 on the trade-in. Add two more years of depreciation, 45,000 more miles, and dealer profit, and $15,000 stickers feels about right. I would think that could go for around $12,500.

However, getting into a BMW with that type of mileage, expect a decent amount of repairs (e.g. sensors, suspension, cooling system, etc. . .) and budget for them annually.
I don't think so, if we are looking at trade-in value, then its right price, but retail price or private is low. So take a look at history or hidden problems. It seems to me someone is trying to sell a car as soon as possible.

DAI, I think the case with your car, dealer had low ball you, at that time the car retail was around 30,000 for 550 with this mileage and options. SMG is extra money. I know for 100%, because my local dealer had same car but with 100,000 miles on clock and was sold for 25,000 miles.

BMW CCA Member, Capital Chapter