View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Non compos Mentos

Mein Auto: 335i E92 TiAg 6MT ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
I spoke to a salesman at the Fisker dealer in Huntsville, AL a few weeks ago. They are the exclusive dealer for the states of Tennessee, Alabama and Mississippi. They have sold 15 cars so far but at over $100K this is decent money (they also carry Porsche, BMW, Volvo and Range Rover) but if Fisker is only moving lets say, 10,000 cars/year with most in CA, this is not a viable business unless the US Government is OK with losing their shirt in order to promote more technology.

The cars are very cool and quite beautiful.
That would seem to be the case.

My wife and I were leaving the 'Hotel Del' in Coronado following a Sunday brunch a year and a half ago. A car leaving the parking lot at the same time caught our eye. It was spectacular with it's clean but stylish (old school) Italian looking exterior. Heads were swiveling everywhere following it down the road. It was the Fisker.
I have to admit, its lack of exhaust rumble made it even more intriguing, a great example of when less is far more. I have no doubt the Glitterati will be lining up for them. But, like art films loved by the critics, it will probably bomb in Peoria. When the taxpayer well drys up a Saab will probably look like a better buy.