View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:19 AM
Dreaming of Track Days

Mein Auto: ED'd 330Ci / E30 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by conceyted View Post
Not trying to sway anyone's decision to go for winter tires, but I wouldnt worry much about driving from Welt to the winter tire rental location on any sort of tires.
There's a HUGE difference between summer tires and all-season tires in the cold and snow. My E30 goes through snow on all-seasons up to the point of pushing snow. My E46, with summer tires, can't handle a 1/4" of snow on my almost flat driveway. If it happens to be snowing while trying to do the drive, it'd be dangerous.

If I was taking delivery of an all-season tire equipped car in winter, I wouldn't bother with winter tires. With summer tires, however, I'd pay the extra for them to be swapped pre-delivery - its hard to forecast the weather accurately more than a few days out. (Personally, I prefer Europe in the warmer seasons).
.................................................. ............................................. Space for rent .................................................. ..........................................

Last edited by cwsqbm; 12-04-2012 at 07:20 AM.