View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:53 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicsX5 View Post
hi, getting, Increased Battery Discharge message on 2010 328I convertible, vehicle has 11, 500 miles, does battery need to be replaced? , when the car s turned off i don't see anything that could be draining the battery... thanks
Hi Tropics! I am no expert in cars but of cos if you have read my postings from the beginning, you know I have this same problem. You know the dealer/service center will first blamed on your low mileage in the car. Actually I am going to ask if you live in a house or condo, if you have recently not drive this car for over 7 days, do you play your music with the engine off.. I am sorry to ask so many questions. I am trying to help by sharing what I learned, my situation (living in a high rise, in a city), what the service center and the engineer from BMW have said or advised. So please feel free to share with me any info. U do know the service center will try to blame it on your driving pattern n made you pay the battery. I did my homework and got the engineer from BMW involved and got the charge reversed. Write back soon

2011 328i Convertible | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim| Sports | Premium | Comfort Access | Heated Seats | Navigation | Harmon Kardon | iPod/USB