View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 E92; '07Lexus GS350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicsX5 View Post
hi, getting, Increased Battery Discharge message on 2010 328I convertible, vehicle has 11, 500 miles, does battery need to be replaced? , when the car s turned off i don't see anything that could be draining the battery... thanks
I highly recommend a 'battery tender' if you're not driving enough to keep your battery sufficiently charged. I bought a Deltron via Amazon shortly after buying my car, and have had no problems during the past 33 months of ownership. I hook up the tender when I know the car won't be driven for a week or more, and recently didn't drive it for over 5 weeks - no problem when I finally fired it up. I never had a problem with any other car I've owned over the past 50 years, however knowing how expensive BMW replacement batteries are, plus the cost of registration (never had to do this to any other car either), the tender was a true bargain at about $45.00. If there's a drawback, it's that you have to have access to an electrical outlet - obviously not easy for those in apartments or whose car is parked outside.