View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:42 AM

Mein Auto: 98 LS-VTec Honda Civic
Update 12.04.12:

Ok here we go! We got the X3 off the frame rack today and backed into the spot where we will be pulling the motor. We started taking the Radiator support out. A long with Radiator, Condenser, Inter-cooler, and fan assm. We found the Inter-cooler was damaged and so is one of the turbo couplings. Then I got the engine harnesses disconnected all the way, so now all the wiring is disconnected. One thing i found with the wiring harness on the drivers side is there is a vacuum line in with the harness! I'm guessing it is to monitor the amount of boost the turbo is putting out. We also unbolted the steering linkage at the top by the brake booster so we can drop all that at once. So enough of my blah blah blah B.S. haha here's some pictures!

Here you can see the BIG difference with the frame pulled strait again.

Here's the start of the tear down.

Damaged Inter-Cooler.

Got the Radiator support out.

Air Conditioning was disconnected and taped off so it will not get contaminated.

Removed the wiring harness.

Our spread of broken parts haha.

We should be getting the motor out tomorrow afternoon or Thursday some time! So far this build is going pretty smoothly! Just very time consuming! Thanks again everyone for reading and helping! I really like hearing all you input so keep it coming!! Thanks again!!

Last edited by TKO88; 12-04-2012 at 12:06 PM.