Thread: X3 or wagon
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleJ View Post
FWIW I spent two days in a new Q5 2.0 service loaner while the wife's A4 was getting some maintentance work. I was very impressed with the car -- to the point that it immediately went on my "short list" for consideration when I dump my X3. Even the 2.0 had lots of power and I can only imagine how the 3.0TDI would be! I liked everything about the car, including the ride over rough and nasty pavement -- one of my peeves with the X3. The interior looked luxo and appeared to be of well wearing materials. All in all in my personal view I found the Audi to be superior to the new X3 in all aspects except for engine performance. Hard to beat the BMW mill. But that alone would not keep me in a BMW, it is the rest of the stuff that I liked better. Oh yes, Audi offers a three year free full maintenance program too (at least at this dealer).
I have to say if you have driven the new X3 for any length of time, it rides NOTHING like the previous generation X3. Expansion joints, uneven pavement, potholes, etc are not a problem in the new X3. Drive the 35i for a few days and I think you will like what you see. I also think the Q5 is nice as well so you couldn't go wrong either way.