View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:33 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: 2012 BMW 128i Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
You don't need to be a tech guy to buy a cheap tread depth gauge and periodically measure your tires yourself. That way, you will know if there is a problem with alignment and you won't be at the mercy of a tire salesman. And as JSC posted, the NCT5s are Summer touring tires, not all seasons. Were you aware your 128i came with a Sport Package?

FWIW, the rear Goodyear NCT5s on my '08 128i cabrio lasted 23,000 miles. Since they are extremely expensive, I replaced all 4 with Conti DWS.

Tom
Did I know I had a Sport Package? Hell no. Didn't want one and this is the first I heard that I did. I assumed I got all season tires like my invoice said. I guess it was a good thing I did rent snow tires in Munich.

If there is a Next Time, I'm gonna be much more diligent in making sure my order matches what I actually get. As it was, I was constantly badgering my dealer about problems and misinformation regarding my European Delivery vehicle. I wish I had know about this website and the sponsors before placing my order in NJ.
2012 BMW 128i Convertible (red)
2013 MINI Cooper Coupe (red)
2014 Ford Fusion (grey)
2015 BMW X1 X Drive (on order)

Last edited by Gluhwein; 12-04-2012 at 12:38 PM.