View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '04 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by timfitz63 View Post
One day this past September, I was up in the Cincinnati area with an hour or so to kill. Enthusiast was closed, but I thought I'd wander around their lot and see if the cars matched the impressions given by their web site photos -- and their pricing. They did not. The cars were clean, and may be mechanically-sound (the jury is still out there) -- but they were clearly used, and did not, in my opinion, justify their pricing. Occasionally they may get a gem or two in their inventory; but I identified several finish and interior flaws on a number of their vehicles -- without even looking too hard. I realize these are used cars, so flaws are a likelihood; but a full, up-to-date fluids change and a 'spit-shine' on the paint doesn't justify their pricing...
Interesting. Seems to me also that their pricing is fairly consistent - so every M5 is marked up $10k. That wouldn't be the case if you were just paying for pristine examples.