View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 03:03 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i xDrive
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbailey895 View Post
As for mileage, I'm pretty disappointed too. I know, no one really buys a BMW to save gas...but I made an effort, and for the first tank: 340 range, and 21.6 MPG. And this was in the tediously boring and underwhelming Eco Mode. bummer.

Cabin Noise:
Bummed and surprised to hear a bit more road noise than the E93, but whats really driving me nuts is a wind-whistling noise in the upper cabin area over 65 mph or so.
OK, my experience is a bit less than yours in our 3 day old 328xi Lux line AT, but we just finished our first tankfull as well.

We're clearly driving it easily as it breaks in, though in a mixture of EcoPro and Comfort modes we've averaged over 32 mpg. My impression is it's fairly easy to reap very good mileage, but I imagine it's equally as easy to dramatically reduce it if you dip into the engine's capabilities (power being the number one influence on fuel consumption).

I have found the road noise to low, certainly below average. It is, of course, dependent on the road surface. That said, my impression so far is the bimmer is very quiet - road noise below average, mechancial and wind noise very low and miscellaneous noise from creaks and rattles non-existent.