View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by clinkinfo View Post
So latestest update, the dealer (and i guess BMWNA) is claiming the oil leaks are common and consistent with BMW's 'commitment to quality', therefore, they will not offer any assistance, whole or partial.

I clearly ket them know their commitment to quality is not consistent with my expectations of quality and I will therefore end my 15+ year relationship with their brand, and move to a brand more aligned with my expectations.

I do have to say though, it was a surprising response.
I am frustrated for you. Your state says NY but my first thought was you were in MD as there is a well known dealer that says similar stuff. Do you have a past relationship with this dealer?

Here is the deal...this is the dealers comment not BMWNA. The dealer has autonomy to authorize goodwill warranty repairs if it would have been covered by bumper to bumper, the car is less than 18 months out of warranty and the car has less than 75k miles. There is a TSB explaining this. It sounds like this dealer doesn't want your business because they are more concerned about the higher labor rate you pay vs BMW pays. I am very familiar with the goodwill policy as I had a failed front differential at 62k miles on my x3.

Here is a link to the TSB:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=439251

This is what I would do...find a new dealer and explain the situation politely that it should be covered under good will and you now want to create a new long term relationship for your BMWs and future purchases.

Last edited by x3brian; 12-04-2012 at 09:40 PM.