View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 PM

Mein Auto: 07 e90 335i w/ Sport Pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSXMachina View Post
Apparently you are getting a 'soft' fault which is not memorized by the computer, something I did not think was possible any longer. On the other hand it may be a case of "What we've got here, is failure to communicate." Is your scanner capable of picking up codes other than P codes, like B codes for instance? Does your scanner read BMW specific codes or just P codes?

One scanner that was used was one of those expensive 1000+ dollar scanners that a pro mechanic had. Though i know money isnt everything, i was assuming his scanner had the ability to pick up any and all codes.

The second was a cheaper scanner that my friend, who is a mechanic at jaguar uses. He works on BMWs daily so i assumed he wouldve known about P and B codes (though i do not know about either).

Anyway, the reason i am changing the spark plugs is because i saw a youtube video of a guy going 150 some in his 335i and then got a check engine light. a few months later he commented that it was only spark plugs and the CEL was no more. He also did not go into limp mode, and had full power.

I hope i gave you enough information.

PS funny youtube video you included =D

EDIT: The scanner my friend who works at jaguar used was his personal scanner at home, not an actual jaguar scanning device.