View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
Well I drained the trans again tonight, another 4 qts.. I had a brand new pan and sleeve and adapter, even though the pan on there is clearly new and aftermarket, but I figured what the hell.. Anyway, I bought four extra bolts even though I was seeing people online reusing.. we got one out and the rest just wanted to strip the torx.. one bolt actually broke our Mac tools torx bit.. my buddy who is a MB mechanic (We were doing it at the MB shop) was even saying, this is the stupidest design he's ever seen.. he said these are going to have to probably be broken out of there and we decided to just leave it be. I didn't have enough bolts.. anyway I need to replace my two front arms so I am just going to return the pan and parts and put towards my arms which are waiting to be picked up.. going to do them on thursday.. We got another 4 qts out, it was much cleaner looking tonight.. if someone replaced fluid 6mo ago like said (Obviously new pan) then this would be the either 3rd or 4th drain and fill, so I may consider doing another one a couple weeks down the road, but even one made a world of difference after about 20 miles.. can't wait to see how much better it gets now..