View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 535i M-Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_F1 View Post
From where can you get the maps for free? Is is legitimate or bit torrent, etc.
The Nav Map software, sold by BMW without an FSC Code, is essentially free. BMW sold the DVD media version last year for only $11 and this year they sell the USB media version for only $42. All you are paying for is the cost of the media itself, i.e. the cost of three DVD Roms or the cost of one 32 GB thumb drive. What they actually sell for profit is the FSC Code, i.e. software license. So, what is out there available for download without an FSC Code in Digital media format from file hosting sites, FTP sites, or as a Torrent costs nothing as it has no actual media related costs. After downloading though, if you want to obtain an FSC Code and use the software, you can choose to buy a legitimate FSC Code from your Dealer, or buy one from "The FSC Code Man".

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips