View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:16 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW 750i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagoo98 View Post
I hate to be blunt but if your budget is 30k you probably cannot reasonably afford the maintenance this car is going to need at 100k miles.

With that being said, if you are dead set on getting a F01-F02 and 30k is your budget the only way that will happen is to get one with this much mileage.

One last thing....keep in mind a fleet car is more than likely the worse maintained car you can ever find.
I disagree with the comment about a fleet car being the worse maintained car you can ever find. This depends purely on the company, or "fleet" it was in. For most companies that have a fleet of cars, a break down for an employee costs much more money, than it does to keep the cars maintained and in good working condition. Not to mention most drivers of these vehicles know anything that needs to be done to the vehicle is on someone else's dime.

The maintenance of a car depends solely on the owner's personality of taking car of a vehicle. You'll find poorly maintained and over maintained vehicles anywhere. For instance, don't by a car from my dad, EVER. He's 65, a well paid physician that can afford the money to keep up his vehicle, but he hasn't changed the oil in his X5 in over 18,000 miles. He only drives on the highway. Car is always clean. You'd never know it til you ask.

Me, I'm the complete opposite.
2008 F250 King Ranch Diesel

Past Vehicles:
2008 M6 Conv
2008 S65 AMG
2009 Lexus LX570
2007 X5 4.8
2008 RR SC
2003 M3 Conv; totalled