View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
For the record, another user with a blown engine today is seeking advice so I pointed him to the canonical set of replacement engine advice links, one of which is this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by canam8 View Post
I'M LOOKING FOR INFORMATION OR DIY ON AN E39! 2002 BMW 525i WITH THE SPORTS PACKAGE AND AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. WOULD BE GREAT TO ALSO HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE OF REBUILD KITS, PRICES OR WHERE I COULD OBTAIN THEM FROM! VERY MUCH APPRECIATED IN ADVANCE. I have a cylinder w low compression and before I started pulling it apart to find out exactly what's wrong was hopin to get an idea on direction of other possible things to check to narrow the problem down a little more and a heads up on prices for things like cam valves rings gasket kits etc.....
cyl. 1,2,3,5,6 are 220 after 6 rotations. cyl 4 is 85 after 6 rotatiions!
EDIT: I also suggested these PDFs from the bestlinks:
BMW_E53_X5_M54_Engine_Training_Manual.pdf
M54_technical_information.pdf
Your job, in return, is to read the suggested threads, where the best people will always add value to those threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same problem stands on your shoulders.
See also: E39 Bestlinks & How to easily find what you need

Last edited by bluebee; 12-04-2012 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Added pdfs.