Thread: S54 Swap
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:27 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: what ever starts
Yes i have the engine back at home. Dropped it off at Randy's house on Saturday and picked it up on Sunday.

Horn, in answer to your question i don't remember. Randy did give me the numbers but as with many other items I forgot. He start out with the recall kit, coat the bearings and bakes them right in his shop. I think he mentioned he is upwards of 50 of these jobs. He catalogs all of his work so he can provide a data base on bearing wear for these engines. Since I have limited info on the engine we basically start from here. Since the bearings by nature are sacrificial I was pleased with how they looked. You have no idea of how they were maintained nor what type of oil was used. I will be running something higher in zddp than what is out there for street cars. It will either be the AMO or the 50 weight racing oil. AS I understand the wear, you can get that type of pattern from winding out an engine before the oil is up to temp. All in all I was very pleased with the journals. Plan on starting to pull crap off the front end this weekend and see how far I get. Pics of course