View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Original Owners Club

Mein Auto: '10 E93;'66 MGB;'73 240Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
LOL, guys. I have scrunchies tucked away in easy to get to places, I have my BMW Ball cap tucked in the secret squirrel compartment behind the back seat center armrest. But all things being equal, in the morning on my way to work, I don't want to put my hair in a ponytail, and in the afternoons, after a long day of work I just want some fresh air. The beauty of the wind deflector is it allows for long hair to blow in the breeze in a nice way. Back away from the direction of motion. Without a wind deflector the currents are way too circular and long hair just ends up in your face. That is not good when you are trying to see while you drive.

Bottom line, with the wind deflector and windows down, I need scrunchies and baseball caps only about 5-10% of the time I drive or ride top down. Without the wind deflector that instantly goes up to 35-50% of the time.
Kat - I'll give you (or anyone else with long hair) a pass, as I realize it can be a PIA when you hair blows forward over your face. Guys (or gals) with short hair have no excuse

Just to illustrate how calm the E93 is, if you (or my wife/anyone with long hair) ride or drive my MGB, cap or scrunchy is mandatory 100% of the time due to the wind.

Other Cars:
1973 Datsun 240Z
1966 MGB Roadster