View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Skype™ to jfox335i
Mein Auto: 2014 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw_or_audi View Post
Sure you can. The 3 was never that luxurious to begin with. This one is the most luxurious ever. The price tag isn't that high when adjusted to inflation, as has been discussed many times. And while the level of luxury has gone up, so has the level of luxury in higher end models.

It comes standard with plastic seats. You can upgrade to ... "Dakota leather." That is the least luxurious leather you can find in a car. To see higher luxury, go sit in say an Audi A8 or an S class (I am sure the 7 is similar) .
well, yeah, compared to a 7, A8 I'm sure it is a little less luxurious lol, but i still consider it a luxury sedan, just lower end then compared to those(and the price obv. reflects that). I can't compare to the older 3-series, this is the first I've owned. I like the Dakota leather, while not Nappa or Merino, I still find it fits a luxurious mold for my tastes. The leather I'm coming from was in Subaru, which felt much less luxurious then the Dakota.

I sat in a 7, and an A8 at the Philly auto show, so i know what you mean by a more luxurious feel. However if given a choice, and price was the same, I would choose a 3-series or an S4/S5 over a 7, A8. They're just way too large and I'm way too young to want one of those.
2012 F30 335i Sedan - BSM, Sport Line, PP,Tech,HK,CW,DA2
2010 E90 M3 - JBM PP,TP,ES,CW,Beast

BMWCCA #471315