View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 Dinan 550xi
I have it this feature, been using it for a year; I was original very happy with it; but over the last year I have found the biggest issue is the field of view and the second biggest is the road grimm cover the lens and makes it useless in the winter months that I wanted it for;

I would not spend the money on the feature on my next car. It system is done very wrong; it should be behind the wind shied so it both protected and so you can clean the glass and see;

I suspect these issues only happen in certain markets, and hence they have not been addressed.

on top of that, the pedestrian detection tints people slightly yellow which is almost impossible to see unless you concentrate so that feature is useless;

The actually warning does work (the alert) but the system has to decide that your path of travel will intersect with the person it detected. I have had a few false positives with both people and those construction signs when driving right at them.

In a nut shell, I think the risk of being distracted is not worth the benefits of the system in area where the winter months are longer and have road salts/grime all over the place.

The system needs to be reworked behind the windshield and winder angle to see stuff along the side of the road closer to the car.

btw; its great at finding warm cop cars on the side of the road at night... but not sure there is wide enough gap between you and the cops at that point to avoid a ticket...