View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650i x drive retired
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
I think you need to be realistic. Most folks who can afford to lease a 650i will want to lease a new car, and not a used one. And they'll want to get the latest and greatest car. After all, if money was a concern, wouldn't they be leasing a 3 series coupe? You're probably going to take a bath getting out of that car.

My advice, assuming that your baby is like most and won't arrive for 9 months, is to keep the car for as long as possible. At that time see if you really need to get out of the lease, or if you can make do with using a second car. The thing with a baby is that you tend to go out less and drive less.

Hey Chris....You're right about people wanting a brand new car and not used. I was more or less offering someone an opportunity for a 6er with very few miles at a price much less than what you can get nowadays, given current residual, mf and even incentives.

But you make some good points. And my wife has an A6, so the more I think about it I may just hold on to my car and use hers for baby transport. Plus, as much as I dont want to think about it, we probably won't be going out as much scary thought!

Thanks again

2014 F10 - 550i X drive