View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A car
I called an attorney that specializes in personal injury before going there... the lady attorney I spoke to said settlements are normally in the realm of 2x medical bills when it all gets said and done.... and that in my case, my medical issues were not severe, but that would be where they would head - and they work on 35% of settlement - ok - a contingency lawyer I guess. Something to think about - and I had this before the next step.

Next I dropped off the paperwork regarding my medical bills at her insurers office (Progressive) - the insurance representative asked what kind of settlement I was looking for - I said that I wasn't thinking of any number in particular but to make me an offer and she shot out $2k - I just raised an eyebrow - and said I would leave, and thanked her for her time ... she upped it to $2.7k to include mileage - I walked out .... I told her I was going to talk to an attorney because my feelings are this is not anywhere near what they should be offering. She tried to steer me away from going to an attorney, saying we could settle this before Christmas if we had a figure to work with.

We will see where this heads - but I'm not exactly biting her hand off at $2k.

It's ALL perspective - get some. No - I am NOT addressing YOU!

Last edited by wyb; 12-05-2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: walked - not worked.