View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:13 PM

Mein Auto: 07 750LI sportpackage
You were right CSMEANCE, i took my 750LI to the dealer and they told me my inner lights do not supposed to be on and he basically said the same thing you posted. The problem they found out with the adaptive headlights was the SMC(Stepper Motor Control) Control Module went bad. My car is under warrenty that covers that part but the problem is before they approve the claim, they would have to send the warrenty inspector out to look at the part and make sure the cause of the problem wasn't from corrosin, water damage, collision......etc basically anything other than I guess a manufactors defect or just wore out. If something other than normal ware and tare is the cause of the defect, I am going to have to pay out of pocket which is $489 just for the labor. I am fine with the way they are now because this is the first and only vechicle i have was this feature but i do want to get it fix since its under warrenty but dont want to pay 1200(including parts) for a feature i dont really use. The question I have is: What are some causes of SMC failure and are any of the things I listed usually the cause of the failure?