View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2005 545i
I have a soulution for u,,, getting into the back of the cd changer is not ur best option.. Like Txag said the back of the changer has optic fiber cables, u dont wanna mess with.. heres wat i did bout two years ago . got aux installed at the dealer . there is a product called.( i simple- is75 ) its an ipod/ iphone cable,, one end plugs in the aux jack in ur glove box( after the dealer aux install ), the other end plugs directly into ur iphone and also charges ur phone. i routed the cable underneath the center council and out on the driver side bythe seat belt, i ran power from the battery and made the connections inside the back of the council. and it powers my phone when the car is off... whats cool about this cable is it actually has a 3.5mm cable also . i ran that one in thru a tiny vent at the bottom of the glove box. i keep that inside the glove box and i use that to plug in other devices other than ipod.. it works great.. and its a nice solution to ur problerm. All the contoll is thru ur ipod .. in my opinion its better than goen thru the i drive,, actually im thinking bout making a post on this cause i get alot of compliments...on how i did it, and the phone holder i custom made..u can get the cable from amazon for about 30.00 bucks
totall cost was under 300, bucks..for the whole install. if ur interested ,, pm me and i can give u more info.... and n- e one else thats interested