View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: BMW 745LI/ F02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
Not certain how much of a "realist" TXTStyle is with a $117K+ vehicle as only about 5% of the population can afford one. As some on here are aware, I sold my '06 w/89K miles recently due to this decision and bought a X5 Diesel for 'realist' reasons. It hold 5 passenger's comfortably (self/wife/both boys (9&16) & occasionally G-Ma who turned 74 this past year. Being a 425 ft/lbs torque, it also has the ability to pull "stuff" VERY EASILY whether it be an enclosed trailer with a couple of Cruiser-styled bikes or a http://www.diseno-art.com/encycloped...astech271.html

BMW is dealing on these things RIGHT NOW and you can buy a fully equipped X5d for $55K to $60K so it's 50% of what they want for that GL. I DID look at the GL Diesel, the Porsche Cayenne Diesel & The Audi Q7 Diesel. Both the Audi & the Porsche were rated to 7K lbs which may have allowed me to consider a larger boat but to be honest, I didn't even trailer the LS-252 I owned much but rather simply left it on the lift in the slip so would probably do the same thing for my next Formula or Fountain or... but it would be nice to have the ability to tow it if I wanted. The other thing about the X5 is that I equipped it with all season tires so that I didn't have to continue borrowing the wife's Highlander Hybrid 4x4 for all the winter ski trips with m boys!
*** Please excuse MY IGNORANCE****

I'm not quite sure what your hinting but what makes you think for 1 sec this Gentleman "Cant Afford" such a vehicle? An what does your "Boat" have to do with this topic. If you can ONLY "Afford" a $55k vehicle than that's you an has nothing to do with this gentleman finances, don't you think? Once again *** Please excuse MY IGNORANCE**** as I don't quite understand your reasoning on posting such a comment.