View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 PM
'12 X5 35d Black-on-Black

Mein Auto: X5d Ski Machine-Blk Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie2008 View Post
I'm not quite sure what your hinting but what makes you think for 1 sec this Gentleman "Cant Afford" such a vehicle? An what does your "Boat" have to do with this topic. If you can ONLY "Afford" a $55k vehicle than that's you an has nothing to do with this gentleman finances, don't you think? Once again *** Please excuse MY IGNORANCE**** as I don't quite understand your reasoning on posting such a comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samadkins29 View Post
What he is saying is that, most US families would not pick $100K+ car as a daily driver because most people don't make enough to afford that. What TX makes is only his business. What NDA was saying is that "realistically" anybody that can afford that car would not use it as a daily driver or own just one car. Its like me saying, well my car choice would be and Aston Martin Vantage. Hopefully this makes sense.
I didn't say anything about Marcus's ability to pay. I have known him from this forum for a long time now. I am a prior 750Li owner and you can find my picture in the "meet the owners thread". Although he did mention that he was considering buying his lovely wife a 2010 model GL, his original question was "What would YOU buy..."

He inferred this in his description of "keep in mind YOUR family, commute to work, travel, etc" which infers other things like 'recreation' which is where the boat/cycles/toys references originate (e.g. IMHO any SUV SHOULD also be capable of hauling my toys). My response was what I would do with those same $'s and that explains why I threw the $45K boat in the mix...because I ALREADY have bought my $55K X5 so I (me, myself & I) would have the extra cash I could use for an additional toy/boat. I think Marcus already knows that I already have the Motorcycle so no need for any additional $s for it.

It looks like you simply did not recognize his use of inference in his original post so no harm done here. Also note that his "follow up" comment that they were considering a 2010 model also shows that he hasn't "lost his mind" either and has no more intention of laying down $117K for the AMG than I did of laying the $143K down for the Porsche Turbo S

'12 X5d Sapphire/Black/Bamboo, Sport (ZAP), Premium (ZPP) & Premium Sound(ZPS) packages: 20" 214's, OEM Hitch
'11 Victory Ness Cross Country!!!
GONE - '06 750Li Sapphire Black/Creme&Black (Loadeddddd)

Last edited by ndabunka; 12-05-2012 at 10:48 PM.