Thread: windows8?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:38 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Smart Passion, F-250 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raven View Post
Like Vista, I don't ever see myself using windows 8. Looks disgusting.

XP till I can't use it anymore, then windows 7
+1

Got a look at it while browsing in bestbuy yesterday - talk about dumbing things down, jeez.

Having PCs move toward Android's setup is def not the direction I think they should be going. Call me a purist, but I want to see a file structure - it gives order to chaos. What I saw of 8, it's tiled confusion set to a harmony of photobucket. Have we given up on literacy altogether?

As far as Vista - been using it on the desktop for years, never a problem - I suppose I've not really tested its capabilities, but for my use, it's never given me pause.

Am shopping laptops for some consulting, and will definitely try to keep it to XP, if possible, then Vista, and 7 if neither are available. Do not like the 64-bit aspects of 7 though, messes up working with ODBC in that MS DSNs mostly call for 32-bit drivers and that, at least as far as the platforms I've dealt with. You ever try to walk a user through cleaning up the registry to back out the defaults? I at least don't want to have to deal with that on my own machine.