View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:10 AM

Mein Auto: 2011 x5
I love mine since I drove it off the lot 2 years ago. I have put a lot of miles on it, 52K more highway than city. I just bought the maintenance plan and warranty right before the 50K deadline. Ouch. But I want to keep the car a long time, and do not think I will pile up the miles as fast now that my son is out of college (500 miles away). I have heard that a few unexpected out of pocket repairs could be so expensive, and I just like the security of knowing that I should not have unexpected repairs with the car in the future. I would not buy extended warranty and maintenance till you have to.
The car has been a dream, the only problem I have had is brakes. They were replaced under the original warranty (no cost to me) at 30K.
I love the cold weather package. The only criticism I have of the car is seat comfort. They are a little hard. I also seem to get a lot of neck pain on long trips. I wish I bought the option the salesperson was telling me about that included the seats that 'hug' you a little more. I think that must be the option you have.