View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '02 530i Sport auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnormand View Post
Question:
The new oil separator(OS) has a small port that was unplugged upon receiving it. Official BMW records say that port is "required" for my model year car. My old OS is not have it so I am thinking just plug it up. What should I do and if needed where does it bloody connect to?

Comment:
In order to connect the breather hose (valve cover to OS) I used a heat gun to soften the OS side due to it being very stiff. I actually broke the first OS trying to connect this one. (urrrrgggg!) Sometimes these aftermarket kits require a little finagling right?

[/IMG]
+1, per BBs response, as you have the M54, the port should be plugged. I am surprised you got a CCV that was missing the plug.

Are you referring to the vent pipe or the connecting pipe. The vent pipe (which connects to the VC) simply requires that you push it on until it clicks. However, the connecting pipe (which connects to the intake manifold) is a PITA to install. It requires rotating the pipe to connect. Refer to step 12 of my DIY for my workaround to getting this pipe installed.
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...240&highlight=