View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '07 650i
Who's going to keep their 6er?

We see a lot of talk about running from our cars when the warranty is gone. I wanted to konw, who is keeping their car? How many miles do you have and what should we be looking out for?

I think the coolant pipe issuse, top not locked and the alternater oil leak are well known/documented for the 645. What else? How about the 650's?

My 2007 650i has 55,000. It has been out of warranty for 14 months. If I make it another 10 months without a major repair expense then I will have avoided the $3000 cost of the CPO warranty. So far I believe the only thing the warranty would have covered was a door sill light. Everything else I've spent has been on general maintainance.

My wife and I have typicaly driven our cars for a decade or so before giving them up. My thought is to do the same with this car. I do most of my own work, so maintainance is reasonable She is in a 2011 325i. I won't be able to get her out of that car for quite a while. My Aviator is an 04 about to turn 100k...I'm keeping that one for a while too.
HUD, Comfort Access

Ads by Google