Thread: F30 - 2013 335
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyCMonkeyDo
Mein Auto: 2013 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
i just bought a bmw. i didn't lease it. but they do account for the depreciation of options which tend to depreciate more than a base car more.

I was making more ofa general statement. I just sold my audi. The residuals for heavily options "prestige" cars are lower on audis, that premium plus, which is lower still than premium.

That said, I guess BMW does it different.

On the other hand if they give you a good lease residual and you pay for it up front, then I guess bmw is just making money on everyone to subsidize those that option up their cars.

If you look at used car prices, nav equipped cars do not sell for significantly more. check KBB or something. I just carmax'd my car. They i'm assuming go by a formula as to what is a "must have" feature or not. and the difference between a nav and non nav car was like $400. and they took my car either way. So i'd assume based on that nav is not a very big deal when selling a car.

Maybe i'm crazy and somehow no one will buy a non nav car 3-4 years from now. But i'm expecting people who buy used cars, will like me be perfectly willing to buy a nav less car and just use a phone or a portable given unless you are some salesman or realtor you don't really even use nav every day. and more and more people will have smartphones in the future.

I guess you can feel great you blew $3000 for nav new, and I'll keep my money and deal with the consequences of selling my nav less F30. I am in fact so afraid of not being able to sell it that i am now having an anxiety attack.

The Nav is only 2k of that package. The other bits and bobs you get in the tech package are worth the 3k extra in my eyes. Whether you use the nav regularly or not there are times when cell phones dont have service and your car will still be able to get you home.

To each their own for now and for the next five years. 7 years from now every car on the used car lots will have NAV. Even the most affordable cars are starting to have NAV as an option or standard in some cases.