View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: E46 E89 F30(Msport)
I have an E46 with 182,000 miles, the wife has an E90 328 - a 2009 with 75,000 miles and I've done brake jobs on both cars myself in my garage.

I go to OEM Bimmerparts for my rotors. Max sells the good stuff and has free shipping. Brake rotors are heavy (so free shipping is a plus) especially when you buy 4 at a time. Max is in Texas, and I usually get my parts with free shipping to New Jersey in about 2 days.

I get Zimmerman Rotors, they have a zinc coating which keep the factory alloy wheel from sticking to the metal hub. Not to mention you don't get rusty rotor syndrome 5 months after installing the rotors. I have mine for about 2 years and edge and hub of the rotor still looks new.

I go to the dealer for pads. I like factory pads because I like the BITE when you press the brake pedal. (I get 20% off parts at the dealer with the club membership).

Just FYI - the E46 crowd in general prefers to buy from OEM Bimmerparts. We've used enough of his parts to know we're getting the good stuff, and if something isn't right, Max will step in and make it right.

Hope this helps!!

Last edited by charlesberry; 12-06-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: spelling counts