View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: S430
I have had night view with HUD for 2 1/2 yrs. Part of the time it didn't work in that it did not identify people. It has been fixed and I did notice a yellow flash in my HUD. It does accurately depict a person but just show a yellow triangle with a person in it. The bigger it is the closer the person. When I bought the stuff I thought it would show the person with a yellow triangle over them. So you really cannot tell were the person is just that there is somebody.

I don't see how anyone can stare at the screen and see problems and not wreck. When we do drive at night the passenger looks at the screen to give help.

I would NEVER order this feature again. I don't believe it would ever save me from an accident. It cost $2600 and when they tried to fix it they had my car for 3 days for 3 times. That's nine days. They had to order the parts from Germany and it took 10-15 days each time they did that.

If it recognized animals and it put the object in the HUD so you could tell where it is and miss it then it might be better but not at $2600!