View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 750 Li
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captpola View Post
Yeah the company is "enterprise financial group" , and they gave me a "1 month" waiting period, no "1000 miles" bc I don't drive my car much. And no, no initial diagnosis or inspection
I also bought a warranty through carchex, underwritten by Enterprise financial group. Had th 30 day waiting period. I bought mine at the end of last december, and my trans went out in march or april. They replaced it at the dealer with no hassle. My service writer said they were pretty easy to deal wtih, they even agreed to use a BMW reman trans, which had a year longer warranty (my service manager had to come down on the price a bit, but still...)

Bottom line is Ive been happy with them; it more than paid for itself in the first 5 months. They also usually have some room to negotiate, fwiw. You have to ask and push a little. I dont think there is any "magic" to using a certain rep...the all have leeway. I got a discount on the price plus they waived all financing fees, so I used their money and did installment payments with no penalties, fees, or interest. Made it easier.

Also, so you guys know a few things too...1) they use a service that monitors boards, etc. When I made my post about the way they treated me with my trans issue they contacted me and asked if I sould do a testimonial video. They knew about it within a day or two. (I may do the video, because I was honestly really impressed with the service)

Also, the reason people post to "call their guy" (including myself when there havebeen other threads about this) is because they offer a referral fee if you send any business to them/"your guy". Ive posted the contact info of the guy I dealt with previously because he was really good to deal with/very patient, etc. AFAIK, nobody ever called him and used my name....but now you know why people (myself included sometimes) push "their guy" so hard...

So theres the truth. Bottom line is i am still very happy with Carchex...