View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Nothing
Replaced my thrust arms! Wow!

Hey guys, the car has been feeling great, very tight.. but I would notice once in a while when coming out of a certain driveway I would hit the slight crack in the change of material and feel a very minor bump that felt like a micro amount of play somewhere.. other than that it was completely un-noticeable. Anyway, when changing the oil I noticed the bushing on the thrust arms were splitting.. tonight we replaced them both with Meyle HD's and the car feels good.. the scary part was, besides the bushings being bad the ball joints were WASTED.. they felt like they were being held in by the rubber boots! I could take pliars and move them and they just felt worn to the point where they felt like they were broke.. I could bend them all the way back, etc. not good! I figured I would mention this because strangely enough the car felt pretty tight.. a little rough, but it's a BMW and has sport package.. but you guys may want to check your arms too, and it may be worth replacing the whole arm instead of just the bushing, that way you get those ball joints replaced!
Advertisement