View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner44 View Post
Can you guys give me some clarification on something. With the 3 series x drive, in order for the suspension to actually change between comfort mode/sport mode I had to add the dynamic handling package. If I didnt the only thing that would actually change is the steering/throttle response/drive train.

With the 535xi Do I have to add on the Dynamic Handling Package for the suspension to actually adjust? Or does it have the ability to do this without DHP

What is the difference between the getting the DHP on the 5 series (includes Adaptive Drive) what is this? and just getting the Dynamic Damper Control as an option.

I do plan to get the M sport package in order to get the paddle shift transmission. Does the 19inch wheels make you feel the road that much more?

Does anyone think the 5 series will be getting a new look any time soon?
You need the dynamic handling package in the 5 series to get adjustable suspension as well, but the dynamic handling package in the 5 series adds Dynamic Damper Control and Active Roll Stabilization. The Dynamic Damper Control option does not come with Active Roll bars. The 19" wheels has a pretty comfortable ride. We test drove a F30 base line a few months ago and the F30 have gotten much softer as well. Overall, the F10 is still a more comfortable car, if you add all the suspension options, it will handle very nicely. The good part about the F10 is that it can also be a comfortable high cruiser when you want it to be.